COVID-19 Re-Opening Information
To our Valued Patients:
We are happy to announce that our office is now open Monday-Thursday with temporary hours 8:00-4:30.
With the ever-changing status of the coronavirus, we want you to know all we are doing to ensure your well-being. While the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) statewide leaders and local and state health officials continue to monitor the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19), we want to assure you of all the extra precautions we take every day to prevent the spread of infectious diseases and that we are staying up-to-date on information and protocols surrounding COVID-19.
First and foremost, the health and safety of our patients is our main priority. At all times, we adhere to the highest level of precautions and protocols in our practice to prevent the spread of infection, including COVID-19. The American Dental Association (ADA) and the CDC have developed a new standard in infection control protocol, and the California Dental Association (CDA) has come up with new screening guidelines that will be monitored.
We are closely following communications from the CDC, WHO, ADA, and CDA, and are implementing the following guidelines for our patients.
When scheduling an appointment, you will be asked a series of screening questions. These questions will determine if you meet the criteria to be seen in our office. Some of the screening questions include:
- Have you or anyone in your household experienced any flu symptoms in the last 2 weeks?
- Have you or anyone in your household been out of the country or in an airplane in the last 2 months?
- Did you or anyone in your household have any contact with anyone who tested positive for Coronavirus in the last 2 weeks?
If we feel that you do not meet the criteria to schedule an appointment, we will follow up with you at a later date to screen you again and get you another appointment.
If you are ill with flu-like symptoms, please stay at home and contact us to reschedule your appointment. There will be no cancellation or rescheduling fees during this time.
Some of the changes you may see in our office to prevent the spread of COVID-19 include:
- Everyone’s temperature will be taken upon entering the office.
- Everyone’s oxygen saturation (lung function) will be taken upon entering the office.
- We are doing our best to schedule patients at staggered times to limit time in the waiting room. Our chairs are also placed 6 feet apart to ensure the proper amount of social distancing.
- We have installed fiberglass shields at our front desk.
- We have installed NASA developed air scrubber with UV light in our air conditioning system as well as portable HEPA filter air purifiers throughout the office.
- Our infection control procedures have been increased as well with extra personal protective equipment (PPE). These include: N95 masks, face shields, and disposable gowns
- Wiping down all contaminated areas between each patient. (i.e. door handles, countertops, writing instruments and waiting chairs)
- Handwashing will be done by ALL staff members each hour in addition to washing as needed.
- Hand sanitizer is placed strategically around the office and will be used frequently, especially when entering and exiting operatories.
- In addition to the already worn PPE (i.e. scrubs with a gown covering, masks and gloves) all back-office staff will be wearing eye protection, face shields, and headcovers.
- All shoes worn by the staff will be kept and only worn at the office
We will continue to closely monitor updates from the CDC, ADA, WHO, CDA and our state officials. In the case of new information, we will keep you informed of any changes to our procedures or appointments. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about your upcoming appointment or oral health needs.
We look forward to seeing you back in our office.
The Kantor Dental Team